Thursday 7 April 2016

First Official Project: Joan of Arc by Corvus Belli

And the time has come. My first full step-by-step of painting and assembling a miniature. My first model, Ms. Joan of Arc, the reincarnation of a legendary French maiden, re imagined by Corvus Belli, a Spanish company producing a well known tabletop Infinity.

I recieved Joan with a book by Corvus Belli master painter Angel Giraldez, Called Painting Miniatures from A to Z, Angel Girladez Masterclass. The miniature, just as the book, came out as a limited edition (15000 units if I recall correctly).

Now I will outright tell you, I am no master painter. I suck at all the Non Metallic Metal (NMM) techniques, so I choose to paint my miniatures with different colored armor and mostly metallic silver sword blades. They still come out pretty good or at least I am told they do.

On to the miniature!

The scale (top to bottom for miniatures) is 32 mm, 4 parts, aluminum forged.
 After a few minutes with some small low grit files I freed Joan of all kinds of excess aluminum, and she was ready for assembly. At least i thought so. Notice the little bar at the bottom of Joan's legs? It's supposed to go into a slit in the base the miniature stands on. The only problem was that the base provided did not have one, so I had to get my trusty hobby knife and get to it.

Joan standing on her base


Next was glue. Super glue. Now I will tell you, assembling metal miniatures can be a bitch. as detailed and pretty as they are, some parts come to wide or to narrow, they need excessive filing, risk of damaging detail added. This time, it was Joan's neck. it was so wide it did not fit into the socket, and filing so close to her braids and chin was damn near impossible. Still, after some stressful strokes of the file, all parts went into their sockets almost as well as in the picture provided.

Joan looking all bad ass
Joan and her bad ass
Now, after all was glued up, I was putting the miniature away for the glue to dry, only to notice Joan looked sad: HER DAMN HEAD SLIPPED OUT OF IT'S DAMN SOCKET.

A few extra strokes of file, a slight alteration to the direction of her face and she is finally ready to go to the paint station, Which I will cover in the next part of this blog.

Till then,
Banshee Legend
The Painter

Also, *ahem*

THANKS FOR CLICKING THE BLOG, YO!

No comments:

Post a Comment